The City of Long Lake has and maintains its own utility infrastructure which includes watermains and pipes, a water tower, well houses, lift stations, sanitary sewers, and stormwater management.
If you're a new resident, please call 952-473-6961 and select the 'utility billing' option to set up your Long Lake utilities account with a staff member.
Preparing to move or sell your Long Lake property? Please call us at least one week prior to your move or sale and schedule a final meter reading appointment.
To report an after-hours/weekend water or sewer emergency, please call 911. Emergency dispatch will contact a Public Works staff member to respond.
City utilities are now billed on a monthly basis.
Bill Payment Options
- Sign up for online billpay and/or autopay - there's no transaction fee for ACH/bank account payments! Customers logging in to create accounts or make quick payments will need to know their account number from their billing statements. Please note that while your paper billing statement shows a utility billing account number in the format "01-00000222-00-2", when you enter your account number in the online billpay portal, you would enter your account number without dashes as "0100000222002". Credit card (3% transaction fee applies) and ACH (no service charge) transactions are accepted, and customers creating online billpay accounts have the option to opt out of paper billings and/or autopay. Please note that if you are setting up autopay and wish to set up your autopay to automatically pay your bill on the date due, you'll be selecting the "Pay on Bill Date" option in the Payment Date field. You can also call City staff at 952-473-6961 x3 and we can register your account for you over the phone.
- Drop payment (check) in the drop box located at the City Hall front entrance.
- Drop payment (check or cash) off at City Hall during office open hours.
- Mail your payment (check) to the City of Long Lake, 450 Virginia Avenue, PO Box 606, Long Lake, MN 55356.
- If you require assistance and need to call in an ACH or credit card payment on an account, please call City Hall at 952 473-6961 and select the 'utility billing' option.
If making a cash payment at City Hall, cash payments are accepted in the exact amount owed; or, if cash payment is for more than the amount due, any overpayment will be credited towards your next bill.
Sometimes, we find ourselves in a position where we just need a little help and support. Below are a few options for help paying your utility bill if you're having difficulty affording your balance due.
Flexible Payment Arrangements
City utility billing staff can work with you to set up a payment arrangement to bring your account current. Call 952-473-6961 x3 to discuss options for setting up a payment agreement.
Hennepin County has a program to help people catch up on their bills. The Community Action Partnership program has many types of grants and resources available, including energy assistance, water assistance, vehicle repair, renter assistance, and homeless services. To find out if you're eligible for help from the Community Action Partnership program, call 952-930-3541 or visit the Community Action Partnership website, and click on the 'What We Do' menu heading to select the type of help you're seeking.
IOCP is able to assist with residential utility assistance, particularly when their assistance prevents a utility shut-off. Long Lake is included in their organization's service area. Utility assistance is available two times in a 12-month period, up to $1,000 per utility assist and up to $400 for a phone assist. Click here to visit their website outlining the various forms of residential assistance they provide, or call them at 763-489-7500 for more information. They do require you set up an 'intake appointment' to complete a few forms and be set up in their system prior to providing financial assistance.