Need Help Paying Your Utility Bill?

Sometimes, we find ourselves in a position where we just need a little help and support.  Below are a few options for help paying your utility bill if you're having difficulty affording your balance due.  

Flexible Payment Arrangements

City utility billing staff can work with you to set up a payment arrangement to bring your account current.  Call 952-473-6961 x3 to discuss options for setting up a payment agreement.

Community Action Partnership

Hennepin County has a program to help people catch up on their bills.  The Community Action Partnership program has many types of grants and resources available, including energy assistance, water assistance, vehicle repair, renter assistance, and homeless services.  To find out if you're eligible for help from the Community Action Partnership program, call 952-930-3541 or visit the Community Action Partnership website, and click on the 'What We Do' menu heading to select the type of help you're seeking.

Interfaith Outreach Community Partners (IOCP)

IOCP is able to assist with residential utility assistance, particularly when their assistance prevents a utility shut-off. Long Lake is included in their organization's service area.  Utility assistance is available two times in a 12-month period, up to $1,000 per utility assist and up to $400 for a phone assist.  Click here to visit their website outlining the various forms of residential assistance they provide, or call them at 763-489-7500 for more information.  They do require you set up an 'intake appointment' to complete a few forms and be set up in their system prior to providing financial assistance.