The Public Works Department is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of our community's infrastructure and plays a key role in long-range planning for future infrastructure needs.
Public Works duties include, but are not limited to:
- Streets - Repairs, preventative maintenance, snow plowing, roadside trimming to prevent sightline obstruction, street sweeping, street signage, street and signal light maintenance.
- Parks and Trails - Maintenance of the City's public open spaces including parks, the Nelson Lakeside Park beach, the Veterans Memorial, City trails, and sidewalks.
- Water, Sanitary Sewer, and Storm Sewer Systems - Maintenance of the City's water production, distribution, sanitary sewer collection, and stormwater systems; water meter reading and repairs when needed, fire hydrants and utility locates.
- Forestry - Answering resident questions about trees, and managing growth of trees and brush in City parks.
- Garbage - Removing refuse from City park property and other City-provided waste receptacles.
To report a possible water main break, please call 911 and dispatch will notify Public Works.
To report clogged catch basins, suspected broken or malfunctioning water or sewer infrastructure, or other maintenance issues, please call 952-473-6961 x4 or call 911 as appropriate to the situation and dispatch will notify Public Works.
Send mail for the Public Works Department to the City of Long Lake offices at 450 Virginia Avenue, PO Box 606, Long Lake, MN 55356.